Servicing Napa and Sonoma Valley | Call us today at (707) 256-3555
FAQs about Employment
Interested in working with us?
Frequently Asked Employment Questions
Why should I register with Grapevine Placement Agency?
Grapevine Placement Agency has been referring qualified childcare and household professionals throughout the Bay Area since 2001. Our childcare and household professionals appreciate the attention given to their individual search and the professional guidance they receive throughout the process.
- We are not a “client-centered” agency; candidates and clients are treated with the same level of courtesy and respect.
- You are seeking a well-respected and knowledgeable company.
- We have honest, ethical business practices.
- We offer candidate representation with a strong discernment of your unique qualities and skills.
- You can expect strong candidate support from the initiation of your acceptance into our Registry.
- You have a close working relationship with your placement specialist.
- We have first-hand knowledge of the domestic placement industry and the dynamics of a client/candidate relationship.
- We conduct detailed consultations throughout the placement process regarding salary, positions, benefits, etc.
- We are never too busy for your call and you will receive prompt, courteous, on-going professional service.
- We are affiliated with national industry organizations and groups.
- All positions require a formal Candidate/Client Work Agreement which we supply to both parties.
- We offer employment tax assistance.
Where are your positions located?
Grapevine Placement Agency has job opportunities in Napa, Sonoma, Marin & Solano Counties.
What are the requirements to register with Grapevine Placement Agency?
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the childcare field or household professional.
- Exceptional Employment History & Personal References.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a clear criminal history (including no alcohol related violations.)
- English Speaking or Bi-lingual.
- Possess a strong work ethic and have excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Possess the personal qualities of honesty, responsibility, and reliability.
How long does it take to be placed once I've submitted my completed portfolio?
Current job opportunities will be reviewed with you the day you interview with Grapevine Placement Agency. Upon receipt of your information, it could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months to place you with an ideal family. We take into consideration your experience, desired position, and geographic location. We do not send you out to every client; a custom search is conducted for your ideal position. Therefore, it is crucial that you register well in advance of your desired start date in order to receive an optimal number of prospective opportunities for consideration.
Can I register with Grapevine Placement Agency if I'm already registered with other agencies?
Absolutely! Grapevine Placement Agency does not ask prospective candidates to sign exclusivity agreements at any time, nor should any respectable agency who truly has the best interests of their candidates in mind. The goal of the agency is to assist a candidate in achieving their “ideal” position. Though we would love to place all candidates who are registered for placement with us, if an applicant’s ideal situation comes up through another agency or contact, we are happy they have found a positive conclusion to their search and look forward to working with them again on future searches.
What is the salary ranges for your positions?
Salary range will depend on a number of factors not limited to but including:
- Years of experience as a childcare and household professional
- Educational background
- Geographic location you are seeking employment
- Number of children
- Extent of benefits offered
Our candidate salaries do depend on live-in or live-out scenarios. Part-time Nanny & Housekeeper Salaries range from $25-$45/hour and Full-time salaries range from $3000-$6000/month. For a full-time domestic staffing position, the annual salary range is $50,000-$100,000. Grapevine Placement Agency only conducts searches with clients who are willing to accommodate a high-quality professional and are able to meet these salary requirements.
How do I apply?
We are anxious to learn more about you and how we may assist you with your individual job search. We have a very detailed, efficient process for prospective placements. To be considered for a position with Grapevine Placement Agency, you must complete the following steps:
First step: Give us a call at (707) 256-3555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review with you our requirements to work with Grapevine Placement Agency. Once determined if you qualify, we will then email you the online Application.
Second step: Upon completion of the first portion of the Application, next steps will be emailed to you with an invitation to arrange a virtual interview with the Placement Specialists. During the interview, we will give you a list of the documents needed to proceed.
Third step: Once your Application, virtual interview and all documents have been completed and uploaded, we warmly welcome you to the Grapevine Team!